Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Pathtag Wait is on.

You can see the design of my pathtag above. I ordered it around 1/25, and they say it'll be 4 to 6 weeks before they arrive in the mail.

In the meantime, I have been receiving many pathtags in the mail. You see, when I approved my design, I turned on the Accept Trades button at pathtags.com, and I had 40 within a week. Luckily, these are trusting people, because they have been sending me their tags on the assumption (warranted, I promise) that I will reciprocate when I receive mine. It's a very nice way to distract myself from the fact that I don't have mine yet.

I think I will turn off the Trade button at 50. I ordered 150, and I want to have plenty to place in Twin Cities-area caches and to hand to local cachers.

Let me know if you would like my pathtag!

It was designed by my brother, who is a graphic designer at the Seattle Art Museum. He designs those big lamp post banners that announce big exhibits like "Picasso and friends" (which turns out to be one minor work by Picasso and a bunch of art by people you've never heard of). Let me know if you like what you see and want help designing yours.

Here are the pathtags I have from local cachers:


I found one other tag in a cache: The Fat Cats' pathtag, which I found in FSU*Noles' and pfalstad's San Diego Mastermind cache.

No comments: